The position provides critical real-time technical support and troubleshooting for Iridium’s Technical Verification Center, operations and monitoring of the Iridium ground systems, including the software systems inside the Iridium TelePort Network and the Backup Operations Center (BOC). The TPN consists of 32 tracking antennas positioned all over the globe to support Telemetry, Tracking & Control (TT&C), and a vast network of switches, routers, and tunnels connecting all the ground stations, operations centers, and satellites. Short term international travel may be necessary to support the Teleports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, analyzes, and compiles technical data for company products and system-level concepts in the projected operational environments to optimize effectiveness over the program lifecycle.
- Applies systems engineering processes, methodologies and tools to the design of system of systems, systems and new product development.
- Supports the development of architectures, functional requirements, refinements and product designs.
- Assists in the integration of technical, cost, value, risks and specialty engineering considerations into definition of the product.
- Interfaces with other members of the project or program teams, management, sales and marketing staff, customers and suppliers to meet group, organization and company objectives.
- Performs technical planning and control; maintains and improves processes and software tools.
- Supports remote site troubleshooting and assists the site technicians with executing established procedures
- Executes teleport network maintenance activities in support of operations
- Perform teleport network subsystem trending and analysis and report findings to team Teleport Network Operations Team Lead
- Understanding of Python and or PERL scripting, and the ability to create/write automated scripts to perform routine sub-functions
- Proficiency in the LINUX operating system is a plus, as well as standard PC usage and applications.
- Familiarity with software development and programming skills is desirable.
- Familiarity with Network and System securities and configurations.
- Good mechanical skills, comfortable working with both power and hand tools
- Familiar and able to operate complex Radio Frequency test equipment such as PXA Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers and Power meters (Analog and Digital)
- Proficiency in RF applications, schematic reading and troubleshooting.
- Must be able work comfortably at heights greater than 4 feet.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to travel international for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate and transfer information clearly.
- Highly motivated to learn Iridium’s very complex ground system.